Monday, February 1, 2021

I READ MY BOOKS ALOUD!


 




Even Better Read Aloud!
by
Sandra Markle

I won't let my book be just print on a page.
I'll read it aloud--give each phrase a stage.

Because giving text sound is sure to work magic--
Make it funnier, scarier, and way more dramatic!

A book shared between reader and listener is truly better
Because every page, word by word, bonds them together.




I also read my books aloud over and over as I'm writing. Listening helps me be sure the words will flow well and sound interesting when it's finished and read aloud. During this writing and reading process, I often have a listener--my pet Beau. When he thinks it sounds just right, he purrs.






No comments:

Post a Comment

EYE SPY AN ADVENTURE!

It's story time!   Have you read WHAT IF YOU HAD ANIMAL EYES!? Level 2 Reader yet? Children can either pick their own animal from the ...