What’s The Story?
Get The Buzz On Bees
Dig into books and search online to learn more about the lifecycle of a honeybee queen.
Write a short story about one honeybee queen.
Go on an information scavenger hunt using only the book’s photos and captions to answer the following questions.
- 1. Why are cornfields not good places for bees?
- 2. What requirement does a hive have to meet to be rented for work in the California almond orchards?
- 3. Why was a tiny device glued to the back of some honeybees?
- 4. Why are varroa mites nicknamed vampire mites?
- 5. Is the U.S. President a beekeeper? How do you know?
Be A Bee Friend
What can you do to help honeybees?