Summer Reading Road Trip

Summer Reading Road Trip
JULY 21st--I'll be at the LITTLE SHOP OF STORIES in Decatur, GA with the Scholastic Summer Reading Road Trip. Come See Me! !Click on this photo to find out about my school visits on SANDRA MARKLE SPEAKS!

Sunday, December 30, 2012

WIN A Chance To Become A Markle's Book Explorers School


Here's a group of Markle's Book Explorers at Beacon Cover Intermediate School in Jupiter, Florida

WOW!  The first year of Markle's Book Explorers was amazing.  Through my on-line contest, I adopted nine schools across the United States.  



I love it when my books make readers smile!
I gave copies of my books to these schools.  I shared action-packed opportunities for young readers to explore my books.  










That's me on the BIG screen performing science magic.



Thanks to email and Skype, I also stayed connected to the Markle's Book Explorer schools and even visited most of the schools.









I was overwhelmed by the enthusiastic response I received from the children and the teachers.   So I'm going to stay connected with those nine schools.  They'll become Markle's Book Explorers Alumni.  However, with the start of 2013, it's time to pick a new group of schools to become Markle's Book Explorers.  Any teacher, librarian, or school administrator can enter their school before February 28th.  I'll announce the winners on March 15, 2013.

To enter, just use the post option to enter your school's name and contact information.

The names of all entries will go into a hat and I’ll select nine.Please be sure to include your email address to make it easier for me to be in touch!


Of course, everyone can still join me and share special activities here at my blog. I look forward to continuing to meet you here and can’t wait to start connecting with the 2013 Markle’s Book Explorers.

10 comments:

  1. This would be great! I know we have some of your books in the library. Here's the info:

    Diane Greenseid
    Elementary Library Coordinator
    John Muir Elementary
    2526 Sixth Street Santa Monica, CA 90405
    dgreenseid@smmusd.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful opportunity. Thank you!

    Barbara Klinger
    McCord Elementary School
    977 S. McCord Road
    Ponca City, OK 74604

    bklinger@mccord.k12.ok.us

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really great!

    Lori Raines
    New Concord El.
    4 Stormont St.
    New Concord, OH 43762

    lraines@east-muskingum.k12.oh.us

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leanna Landsmann sent me information about Markle Book Explorers. I spoke to our School Librarian and our Principal. We all agree that it would be a wonderful opportunity for our students. Thank you.

    Jean Becker
    Naples Elementary School
    2 Academy Street
    Naples, NY 14512
    585-374-7950

    jbecker@naplescsd.org

    ReplyDelete
  5. Art Spencer
    Arthur Jacobsen Elementary School
    29205 132nd Avenue SE
    Auburn, WA 98092

    aspencer@auburn.wednet.edu

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was so nice meeting you this past weekend! So here I am putting my school in for a chance!!

    Terrie Whitten
    Heritage Elementary School
    5100 Melaleuca Lane
    Greenacres, FL 33463

    terrie.whitten@palmbeachschools.org

    ReplyDelete
  7. We would love to put our school in for a chance at being chosen!

    Julie Wolfe
    Gier Elementary
    175 Spring Street
    Hillsdale, MI 49242
    julie.wolfe@hillsdaleschools.org

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd love for our school to win this! We are so needy!
    Dawn Keenan
    North Georgetown Elementary
    664 N. Bedford St.
    Georgetown, DE 19947

    dawn.keenan@irsd.k12.de.us

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mike Curtis
    Minooka Intermediate School
    321 W. McEvilly Road
    Minooka, Il 60447
    mcurtis@min201.org

    ReplyDelete
  10. cheryl combs, first grade
    shirley hills elementary
    300 mary lane
    warner robins, ga 31088
    combs_cl@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete