BEST BOOKS

BEST BOOKS
I'm THRILLED to share that THE GREAT LEOPARD RESCUE (Millbrook/Lerner) has been named to the Children’s Book Committee at the Bank Street Center for Children’s Literature's Best Children’s Books of the Year list. And it earned a STAR. SMILES!Click on this photo to find out about my school visits on SANDRA MARKLE SPEAKS!

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Win A Chance For Your School To Be Part Of Markle's Book Explorers





I love my readers and the teachers, parents, and librarians who share my books with children. So, starting in 2012, I'm launching a special new way to connect with readers. Each year, I'm inviting a few schools from across the U.S. to become part of Markle's Book Explorers for the year. Everyone can enter before February 29th .

Just use the post option to enter your school's name and contact information, checking first that this is okay with the school principal.

The names of all entries will go into a hat and I’ll select ten. Please be sure to include your email address to make it easier for me to be in touch!

Throughout the year, I'll give each of the Markle's Book Explorer schools a copy of any of my books published during that year plus copies of any of my books that receive special awards. I will also provide a free virtual visit to the school (via Skype) and respond throughout the year to up to six emails from students (as shared by their teacher).


Of course, everyone can still join me and share special activities here at my blog. I look forward to continuing to meet you here and can’t wait to start connecting with the 2012 Markle’s Book Explorers.

12 comments:

  1. Heidi Grange
    School Librarian
    Summit Elementary
    80 West Center
    Smithfield, Utah 84335
    heidi.grange@ccsdut.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gail Wiltshire
    Teacher
    Conway Elementary School
    105 Primmer House Road
    Fredericksburg, VA 22405
    540-361-1455
    gwiltshire AT staffordschools.net

    Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol Richmond
    Librarian
    Woodrow Wilson Elementary
    1306 E. Windsor
    Denton, TX 76209
    940-369-4542
    crichmond@dentonisd.org

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! We would love to be a part of it!
    Brenda Young
    Oakdale Elementary
    9801 W. Center
    Omaha, NE 68124
    byoung at westside66.org

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for such a wonderful opportunity! This would fit so perfectly. We are doing a research unit with our Exceptional Ed class on predators/prey. Today the students came to the library to explore nonfiction books to help them decide which animal they want to research. Your books from the Animal Predators series were the most popular resources. Having an opportunity to talk to/skype with you (the author of books that they are reading) would be an amazing connection for these special students.
    Janis Jones, Librarian
    Byrd Middle School
    9400 Quioccasin Road
    Henrico, VA 23238
    804-750-2630

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karin Canfield
    Dunlap Elementary
    8465 Pennfield Rd.
    Battle Creek, MI 49017

    (269)961-9789
    canfielk@pennfield.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy Channon
    Hillsboro-Deering Elementary School
    4 Hillcat Drive
    Hillsboro, New Hampshire 03244
    603-464-1110


    This would be an amazing opportunity for our students. Thank you for offering it!
    They love naturally curious, love exploring and investigating and reading non-fiction books.
    So excited at the prospect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who would have known that clicking on your email message would have led to such a wealth of potential information. I have marked and will return to several of your links and am sure I will find even more as I move through it all.
    Thanks for the offer of a Skype visit! I have been wanting to set up such a Skype author visit for awhile!

    Susan Branham-Melvin
    Maplewood Heights Elementary
    130 Jericho Ave SE
    Renton, WA 98059

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello. What a great opportunity! I would like to enter twice. Once for my school (where I teach special education reading) and once for my daughters school, as she's an aspiring writer, scientist, and basketball player :)

    Here's my entry:
    Alycia Wright
    Short Pump Middle school
    4701 Pouncey Tract Rd
    Glen Allen, Va 23059

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay- here's the second post for my daughter's school entry!

    Myriah Adams
    Adams International Montessori School
    1655 Broad Street Rd Maidens, VA 23102
    804) 784-0141

    (Alexandra Wright, Student)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sandra Gassner
    Marshall W. Errickson School
    271 Elton Adelphia Road
    Freehold, NJ 07728
    732 431 8022
    sgassner@freeholdtwp.k12.nj.us

    ReplyDelete